Altitude Training Associates, LLC is a group of unique training instructors presenting programs in Environmental Management and Compliance as well as Worker Health and Safety. Environmental and safety regulations not only require employee training and education programs but require the training be effective. Workers must posses the skills, understanding and knowledge to perform their job responsibilities safely and in compliance with the law. Achieving safety and environmental performance objectives requires a systems approach, integrating human behavior. Effective training programs enhance employee moral and productivity, reduce company liability and operating costs, improve environmental and safety performance, and increase profits. A commitment to effective environmental and safety training is a requirement of doing business.
Altitude Training Associates, LLC provides Environmental and Safety and Health Training and Consulting Services. The training programs are designed for facility personnel, compliance officers, trainers, and supervisors. Courses are designed to assist organizations (business, industry, federal, state and local jurisdictions) comply with legal requirements or simply improve operations. Specialized programs are also available that meet the specific needs of a particular company. A detailed listing of course offerings can be viewed here. The instructors are expert trainers with years of corporate and college teaching experience. Consulting services include auditing, program development, review and implementation for environmental and safety compliance:
• Emergency response and contingency plans
• Written safety programs
• Program announcements and alerts
• Recordkeeping and reporting procedures
• Chemical handling and transfer procedures
• Waste management including minimization
• Programs for DOT compliance for the transportation of hazardous materials
• Operations and Maintenance procedures for asbestos and lead
• Curriculum development for training programs
• Audit/inspection procedures
• Stormwater Management Plan (SWMP) development
STORMWATERATA has been working with federal, state and local regulators since the Stormwater programs inception in 1992. It was in 1992 that Scott Olson developed the award winning Stormwater Management During Construction, Field Based Technology program in partnership with the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT), Urban Drainage and Flood Control District (UDFCD), and Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE). Since then Altitude Training has developed:
- a one-day training course on Developing and Implementing Stormwater Management Plans or SWMP(s), which is the Colorado Construction Stormwater Permit version of the federal Stormwater Pollution Prevention Plan or SWPPP.
- a two-day training course on Conducting Stormwater Compliance Inspections
- a half-day training course focusing on In Waterways Construction Best Management Practices
- a one-day training course detailing Best Management Practices, Monitoring and Maintenance Procedures for; Permanent Stormwater features, Illicit Discharges and Materials and Waste Handling
- a half-day training course on Construction Groundwater Dewatering
- as well as courses specifically focusing on stormwater Best Management Practices for Sand & Gravel Operations, Oil and Gas Exploration and Linear Construction projects
Mr. Olson has 21 years training experience including eight in higher education and presently delivers over 100 programs annually. He is the former Chair of the Environmental & Safety Technology Department at Red Rocks Community College (RRCC) and former Director of the Colorado Environmental Training Center. Mr. Olson instructed in the Environmental Compliance degree program for eight years and developed the state accredited curriculum. He presently is owner of Altitude Training Associates and adjunct faculty at RRCC, San Juan College, and Laramie County Community College. His instructional abilities have helped the OSHA Training Institute and Environmental Training Center become one of the best training sites in the country. Mr. Olson is the author of International Environmental Standards Handbook; a 350 page reference book published in 1999 and has traveled internationally presenting environmental programs. He is a member of the National Environmental Training Association, International Erosion Control Association and American Society for Training and Development. His students have selected him for Who’s Who Among America’s Teachers in 1996, 1998, and 2000 and he is listed in NETA’s Who’s Who Among Environmental Instructors.
In 1992, Mr. Olson developed the award winning Stormwater Management During Construction, Field Based Technology program in partnership with the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT), Urban Drainage and Flood Control District (UDFCD), and Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment (CDPHE). The target audience for the day and a half workshops is installers of Best Management Practices (BMP) to control erosion and sedimentation at construction sites. The class has been developed into the Erosion Control Supervisor (ECS) Certification program. Mr. Olson has also developed certification programs for the Keep It Clean Partnership (Boulder, CO) and the states of Utah and Montana. He continues to travel the western states delivering stormwater management training courses.